The 15th Annual Minority Health Conference aims to address minority health disparities and raise awareness about minority health issues in Southern California and beyond. This year our focus is empowering marginalized communities.
The conference will be taking place at the Keck School of Medicine of USC.
More information about the event can be found at minorityhealthconference.org
Attire: Business casual.
Below please find the programming for the conference:
8:00 – 9:00 Registration and Breakfast
9:00 – 9:10 Introduction and Welcome
9:10 – 9:50 Keynote Address; Dr. Raquel D. Arias, MD, MPH
10:00 - 10:50
- Track 1: Physician Implicit Bias as a Source of Health Disparities (Dr. Mohammad Raad, MD)
- Track 2: Place of Birth, Immigration, and Disability in Multiple Sclerosis (Dr. Lilyana Amezcua, MD)
- Track 3: Latino Primary Care and Mental Health Care Disparities: Individual, Community, and Societal/Cultural Barriers to Care (Dr. Daniel Lloveras-Turner, MD)
- Optional: Pre-Med Panel (Limited to 20 people)
11:00 - 11:50
- Track 1: Social Justice & Human Rights in Medicine (Dr. Rebecca Trotzky, MD)
- Track 2: Health Equity and the Empowered Healthcare Practitioner: A Deep Dive into Culturally Responsive Care (Dr. Jeffrey Ring, PhD)
- Track 3: Building Healthy Communities: A Population-Based Approach to Family Centered Primary Care (Dr. Brian Prestwich, MD)
- Optional: Resident Panel (Limited to 20 people)
12:00 – 12:30 Closing Speaker; Dr. Nicolas Barcelo, MD
12:30 – 12: 45 Closing Remarks
1:00 – 2:00 Lunch
*Tracks are space limited and preferences are not guaranteed*